Friday, August 26, 2011

Condensed Milk Cookies!!!



This is one of those really easy cheap versatile recipe that once you try it you'll never buy biscuits again!

After all who can go past 120 plus cookies for under $5!!!!!!

I came across this recipe on the FlyLady forum a few years back. One of them members had posted it then from somewhere else and they are awesome!!!

This recipe make approx 120 biscuits, depending on what you add in it will probably make more!

I love that this recipe is EGG FREE for those that need that, great to take to parties or to school events.

The batch I have made today will be coming on holidays with us. We have our own campervan with a full oven so I'll be able to make fresh cookies along the way!

Condensed Milk Cookies
500g butter/marg
1 cup sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk {or try making your own}
5 cups self raising flour {wholemeal works well apparently too}

Cream the butter/marg and sugar.
Beat in the condensed milk.
Fold in the flour. You may need a bit more flour depending on what flavourings you add plus flours absorbency changes from season to season too.
Add your flavourings.
Roll into balls, flatten slightly and bake in a moderate oven {180C} for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden.

I like to divide my mix into about four and make four different flavours.
Today I made milo, sultana and cornflake, choc chip and custard. OMG I haven't made custard ones before and the dough tastes divine!!!!

I like to roll my mixes into a log, set in the fridge for a little while and then I can just slice the biscuits off and bake as needed. This will keep in the fridge for quite a few days but it's great to pop the logs into the freezer. The dough only needs about 10 minutes to defrost just enough to slice up {I defrost while I preheat the oven and get the trays ready}.
If you keep a couple of logs of cookie dough in the freezer you'll always have cookies on hand for after school snacks or those unexpected visitors.

The other alternative is to roll the dough into balls, freeze on a cookie sheet, then pop them into a ziplock bag. But be warned! Those little frozen balls of cookie dough are VERY DEADLY!

The options for flavourings are endless! for some more ideas check out this post at Stay At Home Mum.



TFL!
Take Care
Becci

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe Becci!! I'm definately going to give it a go :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might have to try this sounds very economical!thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm think this is a great idea Becci !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any photos of the finished cookies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do along with some flavour variations
      http://beccisdomesticbliss.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/condensed-milk-cookies.html

      Delete
  5. It seems to make it not too hard, i will try at home after work.Thanks a lot for the recipe

    ReplyDelete