Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hot Dog Savouries


One of our boys fave foods to have when we're caught out at snack time is these new little rolls with a cocktail frank cooked in them from Bakery Delight. I can't remember what they call them. But basically they take the dough ball, cut a slit across the top, add sauce, cheese and a frank and bake them. Easy as hey. So I gave it a go myself.

The dough recipe I use is a recipe form a friend. Her machine can take a whole batch of this dough, but my machine doesn't like it. It doesn't mix well enough. So I halve the mix which made 12 savouries.

Dough recipe (full batch)
3/4 C - scant cup of skim milk
2T oil (approx)
2 1/4 cups of bread flour
1/2t sugar
1/2t salt
1t dried yeast

Pop it all in the machine in this order. This is important. My machine says I am to put yeast first, the dry ingredients then wet, but this recipe doesn't work if I do that for some reason.
Set on your dough setting and let be. Let it rest in the tin in the machine for about 15 mins after the timers gone off.

Then you can start making your savouries.

Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll out into rounds so they are slightly bigger in diameter than the cocktail franks.

Spread with sauce. We used tomato and bbq together.
And sprinkle with some grated cheese.

Place the cocktail frank on top

Roll up the hotdogs and place on a tray like this.
I found I had to place them right next to each other or they would fall open.
Bake at 190C for about 20 mins or so or until they are nice and golden.

Mmmmm yum!



5 comments:

  1. I'm not going to say what we call hot dogs around here but I know my kids would love them LOL!!! What kid wouldn't? Me, well they just make me cringe thinking about what they are made of.

    I've made something similar before, but I like your idea of cooking the cheese and sauce in with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Becci

    I love this recipe.Will try today.
    Just wanted to thankyou for the lovely blog and sharing your routines with us. I have printed off the weekly routing and am enjoying the easy way to achive everything.Where do you keep all your routines and lists?
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are finding them useful. Please remember to adjust them to suit your family and circumstances.
      I know mine pretty much off by heart these days but I do keep a copy in a folder entitled Home Journal next to my computer (in the kitchen/family room area) so I can reference it if needed.
      When I was establishing my routines I kept mine blu tacked to the inside of the pantry door so I could cross each thing off and make adjustments when needed.

      Delete
  3. I have a batch of these baking in the oven right now... they smell so wonderfully delicious! Kids will enjoy them in their school lunches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so very yummy !!! Delish.
    Thank you so much for the recipe !!

    ReplyDelete