Monday, February 11, 2013

Menu Plan Mondays

 photo 2013_0204Jan20130030_zpsaa7490d2.jpg

This week I made Curried Sausages for the first time. Mum used to make it quite often when we were kids and I couldn't stand it! I think it was the taste of the boiled sausages that I disliked the most. Recently I have had the urge to try them again. What fabulous timing that Cassie at The Flying Drunken Monkey reposted her recipe.
I decided to make a double batch as I had a big bag of sausages in the freezer. By the time I doubled everything I could barely fit it in the slow cooker, and I have a huge one!
I had run out of cornflour too so I thickened it with a beurre mainie (paste of flour and butter) but because the pot was so full it was very hard to stir and the thickening didn't do too well. Lesson learnt, don't double the recipe lol.
I'll definitely be making it again!

Mon ~ Roast Chicken and veg
Tues Curried Sausages
Wed ~ Chicken Snitzel Burgers
Thurs ~ Fried Rice and Marinated Chicken Wings
Fri ~ Easy dinner ~ I made the most awesome omelet!
Sat ~ Spaghetti and Meatballs with Garlic Bread
Sun ~ Corned Beef and veg with onion sauce. Apple and Blackberry pie with custard for dessert.

Another week has gone by without baking anything! Must make a plan and stick with it!

So you Menu Plan? Would love for you to share, link up below using the linky tool, and don't forget to link back to BDB.

I'm linking up with:

The Organised Housewife


Take Care
Becci
xoxo

1 comment: