Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tucker Tuesday: Recipe ~ Coconut Milk Chocolate Mousse


 photo 2013_0312Feb20130002_zps82badcae.jpg
I had heard of this scrummy mousse that you can make from coconut milk which is soooo good for you.
It's so easy too and sooo yummy! I am not a big coconut fan either but I couldn't taste one bit of the coconut milk! Might have something to do with the fact that I accidentally added twice as much cocoa as I was meant to though ooops. Below are the correct quantities :)

I only had coconut cream in the pantry so I chilled it for about 5 hours and then whipped it up. There is no water in coconut cream, unlike milk, so I didn't have to drain that off and the cream didn't go solid like the milk is meant to, but it still worked. The cream gave it more of a pudding type texture too.

Coconut Milk Chocolate Mousse
1 can coconut milk or cream
1/4 C plus 1 tablespoon cocoa
1/2 t vanilla
sweetener to taste

Chill the milk until solid, drain off the water and use in another recipe. Or id using cream chill for a few hours.
Whip the milk or cream for a couple of minutes. Add in your sweetener and vanilla. I used about 1/4C honey or there abouts. Whip for a minute. Add the cocoa a little at a time until incorporated. It will thicken a fair bit when the cocoa is added.
Pour into dishes and refrigerate. Easy peasy!!


Take Care
Becci
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really nice Becci. How many would 1 can of coconut milk or cream serve?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a double batch so 800mls-ish of coconut cream. By the time I added the cocoa and whipped it, it measured to the 1.25Ltr mark on the Decore container I stored it in.
      It would really depend on how much you would like in a serve, if you were having it atop some fruit, or use strawbs and bananas to dip in OMG YUM!

      Delete
  2. That looks so delicious. I love coconut, so that isn't a problem for me ; )
    Thank you for the recipe !!

    ReplyDelete