Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tucker Tuesday ~ Recipes: Anzac Baking

 photo Anzac_zpsc854bc0b.jpg

We love Anzac Cake and Biscuits in this house. Seems strange that I usually only get around to making them each April.

I first shared this Anzac Cake way back in August 2011. It's such a yummy cake that I rarely make icing for, opting to have it plain or with hot custard for dessert.

I fudged up making these Anzac Biscuits yesterday. Totally forgot to add the coconut! Wondered why the mix was so wet and had to add more flour oops!
But here is the proper recipe:

Becci's Anzac Biscuits
1C rolled oats (not quick oats)
1C plain flour
1C sugar
3/4C coconut
125g butter
1T golden syrup
1t bicarb
2T boiling water

Place the oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a large bowl and combine.
Melt the butter and golden syrup together.
Mix the bicarb and boiling water together and add to the butter and syrup, careful it will foam and bubble up, make sure the saucepan is large!
Add this mix to the dry ingredients.
Drop spoonfuls onto greased and lined biscuit trays.
Bake at 160C for about 20 minutes.
They will be very soft when they first come out so allow to cool a little on the trays before placing onto a rack to completely cool.
Makes about 30

Take Care
Becci
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. These look so good. I think I'll have to try them. Most of my family doesn't like frosting so it's nice that this cake is good without it.

    I loved your wild blackberry post. That bush is amazing.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I had fun visiting here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good sized bush. You should have seen the one we found after that! It was a massive thicket along a creek. We got the most there

      Delete