Monday, June 30, 2014

Turning the Corner


 photo doryquote_zps71d9ca27.jpg
Who knew how popular and motivational this quote would become.


So things weren't going that great here a couple of weeks ago.
With some hard work it looks as though we have turned the corner on one front, but another is rearing it's ugly head. We'll get through that too no doubt.

Now that things aren't so daunting I really need to get back to being productive.
For me that means lists and routines. That means planning my days so that I have a focus and things actually get done.

I know many feel daunted when they have a huge list and I feel that way too sometimes. When things are like that I select three things on my list and do them. Three things is usually totally doable. 20 not so much.
When I have finished those three things I select another three things.

Sometimes when I'm feeling more on top of it I'll select three things that NEED to be done that day, three things I'd LIKE to get done that day, and three things that would be AMAZING if I could get them done.
This way as long as I get my first three done I'm all good. IF I can get the next three done then fabbo. IF the last three get done that I AM AMAZING!
What isn't done on one day can easily be rolled over to the next.

There will be a bit of faking it til I make it happening here too. I can certainly see the light but there are going to be times where the light is dimmed a little and that's where the auto pilot of routines comes in handy.

So I'm making my list for tomorrow and the rest of the week.
I'm re-evaluating my routines and making them work for me. Posts to come, hopefully.

Anyone else putting one foot in front of the other right now?

Take Care
Becci
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Oh YES! Haha funnily enough this quote keeps popping up all over the place to remind me to simply take one day at a time :) I hope things are turning around for you. I've popped over here from Sue's blog hop post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Struggle town here too.Roll on holidays and getting on top of things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I have let my routines slip lately and haven't been utilising my diary and "to do" lists as much as I should. (And as a result I have been far less productive than I would have liked to have been!) We are on school holidays here now, so I have just decided to go with the flow til school starts back, then get back on top of everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby and were just talking about how our routines have slipped at home and what an impact it's having. Hope you're having a better week.

    ReplyDelete