Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tucker Tuesdays: Recipe ~ Strawberry Cream Hot Milk Cake


 photo DSCF5651_zpsb3ac9393.jpg


I discovered Hot Milk Cakes a few months ago. They are so easy to make and soooo delicious. the first one I made was this one, yummo!

A little while back we were discussing our Favourite Cakes over at Down To Earth. The lovely Sherri posted her recipe for Hot Milk Cake, she says this has been her families go to cake for years so I just had to give it a go. The way Sherri described it I pictured it like a Victorian Sponge filled and decorated with strawberries and cream , so that's what i did.


 photo DSCF5650_zpsb8676816.jpg 

A fabulously easy cake to make and so delicious. I did substitute the flour and baking powder for self raising flour though, much easier. I sandwiched the two cakes with raspberry jam (was out of strawberry) and cream then topped the cake with cream and fresh strawbs.

Brian isn't a big cake fan but he went back for more. Always a good indicator of a great recipe.

I loved that this cake was almost sponge like in texture but more dense and moist. Easier than a sponge too!

We'll definitely be making this again!


Take Care
Becci
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment